Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rocco

When I got Rocco I had a week between seeing him and picking him up to think of a name. It was shortly after the inauguration and I wanted to commemorate the election of President Obama, which for me was one of the most significant world events in my lifetime. It falls into a category of positives like peace in Ireland, the fall of the Wall or even the moon walk, rather than that other list. But Barack is no name for a dog, so Frank suggested Rocco instead. So he’s not named “after” the President, just sort of in honour of that moment in late January when Barack Obama took office. (I wish people would stop asking me if he’s black…) He is beige and consists mostly of teeth and hair at present. I’m looking to the Monks of New Skete for help with controlling the former.

No comments: